Dear Ms McCulloch
In regards to your FOI dated 9 October. Please find below the response from Wiltshire PCT highlighted in Blue.
I’ve been given this email for Freedom of Information for your PCT. Please could I get an FOI from your PCT (or PCTs that you might also be responsible for) for the following:
1. How many adults you have with a diagnosis of autistic spectrum disorder (any, although if there are separate statistics for Asperger’s, HFA, LFA, they would be appreciated) in your area;
– 285 adults with autism are known to the Department for Community Services, of which 46 people have a diagnosis of Asperger’s syndrome
– Of this number, 192 adults are receiving a service. 154 adults are known to the Community Team for People with a Learning Disability (CTPLD). The remainder are known to generic adult care services
– 73 adults with an autism spectrum condition live out of county
– 335 children and young people have been identified through the Department for Children and Education Services. Of this number, 96 people have been identified between the ages of 14-19 years old who are likely to require an adult care service in the future
– 34 adults with autism are known to Avon and Wiltshire Mental Health Partnership (AWP)
2. How many children;
– 97 people with autism from 0-19 years old, who are not known to services, have been identified through Wiltshire Councils disabled children’s information data base
3. What diagnostic services are available to a) adults and b) children;
o X3 services. Referrals to providers through GP.
– Providers are:
– Children’s services through education/Wilts Council (Not PCT)
4. What agencies or teams you have that work with autistic people, provide support/services, strategise, etc.
– Community teams for people with LD
– Community mental health teams
– No ASC specific team
5. An email address/website for each of these agencies or teams where possible.
– Single point of contact: 0300 456 0 111
6. What the typical process should be for an adult in your area first asking their GP for an assessment for autistic spectrum disorder to receiving a diagnosis/support.
– Straight forward referral to any of the three providers above from GP