Here is a list of helpful, feministy chants for every occasion you might need to shout down patriarchy. Hannah Paterson, the amazing Welfare Officer of UMSU, compiled these, but she wanted a wider audience. Fly, my pretties, fly! Chant and cheer and win us our rights!
Oh you know. You might find these useful. *shrugs*
2. Tell me what a feminist looks like, This is what a feminist looks like
3. RIOT DON’T DIET, GET UP GET OUT AND TRY IT (x2)
4. We have the right to not be scared at night!
5. Whatever we wear, wherever we go yes means yes and no means no!
6. Non, nein, nada, no! Whatever the language, no means no!
7. NO means NO – it doesn’t mean maybe! Don’t touch me – I’m not your baby!
8. Everwhere we go-o – people always ask us – who we are, and where do we come from – So we tell them – WE’RE ALL FEMINISTS! LOVELY LOVELY FEMINISTS! And if you can’t hear us – we’ll shout a bit louder!
9. Women united will never be defeated!
10. Hey, Hey, Ho, Ho, Sexual Violence has got to go!
11. Feminists unite. Reclaim the night!’
12. When bigots attack – We fight back.
13. The feminists united, will never be defeated!
14. Hey, mister! Get off my sister!
15. 2 – 4 – 6 – 8 Stop the violence, stop the rape! 3 – 5 – 7 – 9 The rape conviction rate is a crime!
16. You’ve got anger, soul and more! Take to the street and let it roar!
17. Say it once, say it again, NO EXCUSE FOR VIOLENT MEN.
18. I am not your girl, and I don’t want a date, So get your hands from round my waist and JOG ON, MATE!
19. Stand up WOMEN make your choice, side by side reclaiming the night, for together we are strong, making our nights safe.
20. 1, 2, 3, 4 We won’t take it anymore! 5, 6, 7, 8 No more violence! No more hate!
21. Hey hey! Ho ho! Patriarchy has got to go!
22. Not the church! Not the State! Women must control our fate!
23. Claim our bodies, Claim our right, Take a stand, take back the night!